The refurbishment project at 39 fairway will accommodate collaborative spaces for the Doctor of Optometry post graduate program activities.
Scope of works
- a seminar room
- problem-based learning spaces
- diagnostic spaces
- clinical teaching/optometry lanes
- new kitchen facilities
- student zone
Other works will include the installation of a lift, upgrading outdated services and life extension of services, and landscape works to improve amenity and space activation.
Works will commence in October 2022 and be completed mid-2023.
Located next to the Crawley campus, the refurbishment of 39 Fairway will provide a new purpose-built facility for Optometry staff and students.
There will be some minor external works to the façade and landscaping, with the majority of the refurbishment being undertaken within the building. Once complete the refurbished facility will provide high-quality, modern spaces to facilitate collaborative learning experiences which are supported by welcoming student and staff informal areas, and specialised Problem Based Learning and clinical simulation rooms.
- 39 Fairway was decanted of all occupants ready for construction to begin in October 2022.
- The works include a complete internal demolition and refurbishment of the existing building and there are minor changes to the external of the building.
- There will be no access to 39 Fairway during the works.
- There is expected to be a small increase in traffic at times to accommodate delivery vehicles. All construction vehicles will be parked within the site boundary.
- Construction works are expected between 7am – 5pm, Monday to Saturday. Efforts will be in place to minimise the impacts of noise, dust and vibrations.
Location: 39 Fairway, Nedlands
Architect: Lincoln Tuffin Architects
Estimated completion: mid-2023
Project Manager: Stephanie Banaszak, Senior Project Delivery Manager, Campus Management
- Contact us
- Email: [email protected]